Monday 6 June 2011

Meal Planning Monday

Last week's meal planning was a success, with everything made as planned and no extra shopping trips because I coudn't be bothered cooking what was on it. A quick check of the freezer yesterday showed that I've got tonnes of bread, for some reason, which isn't good on Slimming World. I've also got a tonne of other stuff in there that could really use running down which means that this week probably won't be that interesting.

To compensate for what is going to be a boring week's eating, I'm going to detail what I wish my menu looked like. Since it's a dream menu, I'm including puddings.

Mon
Mum's beef bourginon with garlic croutons
Raspberry Pavlova
Tues
lasagne and salad with baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, and red onion
pistachio and chocolate gelato
Wed
roast chicken with all the trimming (including Yorkshire pud)
treacle tart and custard
Thurs 
Lentil burgers with home made wedges and salsa.
spicy apple pie with whipped cream
Fri
Laksa with tofu or fresh prawns
Coconut custard with caramel syrup 
Sat 
home made pizza including vine ripened tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil
chocolate brownies (not completely cooked so they're still squidgy) served warm with fresh raspberries and creme fraiche
Sun 
chicken schnitzel, mashed potato, ratatouille, and gravy
steamed lemon pudding with pouring cream


Now that I've got myself salivating with half a dozen times of chopped tomatoes and some frozen veg to look forward to, I'll leave it there with the promise to have an actual real menu plan next week.
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh you're menu is to die for this week! Love it all!

    Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete