Monday 29 August 2011

Meal Planning Monday - 29 August

I have been very slack in my meal planning of late. In my defence I am suffering from acute school-holidayentronitis (I am sure that's a proven condition) where the days are filled with doing stuff for small people and the weeks seem to fly by. The week I made all the American blog dishes was a success for me, though the kids turned their noses up at most offerings. I didn't manage all the meals, but I never do. I wasn't fussed on the Cheerio Muffins - the Cheerios took on a funny texture.

One thing I did try was these Cinnamon Sugar crusted muffins Oh my! These were gorgeous. They tasted a lot like doughnuts and were quick and easy to make. I'm in 2 minds whether or not to make them again as they are so moreish.

This week's recipes are:
Egg, chip and pepper bake
Lasagne cup-cakes (yes, I'm still reading American blogs). I'll be using lasagne sheets instead of wonton wrappers. I can't get the latter easily.
Baked potato with turkey ham and Coronation cottage cheese
Slimming World chickpea dahl loaf
Frittata

Baking:
Rice crispie bars
Victoria sponge cake done the WI way, by weighing the eggs in their shells, then using equal amounts of butter, sugar and flour. Foolproof.





No comments:

Post a Comment