Saturday 6 August 2011

Meal Planning Monday - 8 August



This week I've decided to make only recipes I've found on American blogs and websites. My kids can be pretty picky eaters and I have been seduced by the ideal that so many 'moms' promote online. If they have shiny happy blogs then they'll have shiny happy children - right? Since it's school holidays I'm even going so far as to make some breakfasts as well. (No children, you can't have Malted Wheaties this week. You'll have a pastry and damn well like it.)

Breakfast:
Doughnuts or Beignets (very tempted to make these but not sure if I will)

Dinner: 
Spinach and cheese strata - not sure if anyone but me will like this, but I think it looks delicious
Slow cooker pulled pork - I've made this before but not with this recipe

That seems to be an awful lot of food but I should be able to freeze portions for another week. I'm not looking forward to making out my shopping list. I will adapt as much to be Slimming World friendly as I can.

2 comments:

  1. So far I've made the chicken and raspberry salad with grilled peaches (very nice, especially for summer); taco rice (cooking, jury's out on this one), and strawberry granola bars which I did with raspberries and which are nice and tasty. I'm surprised there's no flour in the recipe but they hold together well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pulled pork and the spinach and cheese strata look and sound delicious, I may have to try those myself, thanks.

    ReplyDelete