Monday 19 September 2011

Meal Planning Monday - 19 September


Another successful meal week behind me. I think I might do a month planning in October. It's really made a massive difference this month, not having to think about it weekly. I've also been gathering up some great slow cooker recipes that I want to try out and if I plan a month in advance I can buy in bulk more effectively.

This week's menu is:

Steak pie (slow cooker)
Moroccan chicken & cous cous (slow cooker)
Crab & red pepper frittata
Quorn stir fry
Gammon, egg, chips, tomato & peas
Quorn bolognaise (slow cooker)

You'll notice I've got 3 slow cooker recipes in there already. I am in love with my slow cooker and really recommend you get one if you haven't already. They don't have to be expensive. I think mine cost under £20 from Argos a few years ago. It makes things so much faster and you'd be surprised at what you can cook in them. I need to explore sites like A Year of Slow Cooking. If you have any recipes, please send them my way.

 

5 comments:

  1. We have ordered a slow cooker on our wedding gift list so I will be having a look at those sites myself! I am very impressed at a month's worth of planning, I don't know if I could be that organised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never planned a month in advance before, but it only took about 10 mins longer than normal as I already had recipe books and sites in front of me. I was quite (pleasantly) surprised. Writing down the ingredients as I went along has also saved time when doing my grocery shopping as I don't have to dig back through the recipes later to check what I need.

    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of your slow cooker meals. I have had a slow cooker for 2 years but have only used it once - I'm not sure what to do with it! Will have a look at that site you mentioned too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought about putting crab into a frittata. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a Slimming World recipe. I'm going to make it tomorrow so will let you know how it goes. I'm not a big fish eater but am trying to get more in my diet.

    ReplyDelete