Thursday 1 September 2011

Tighten your belts! It's Sensible Spending September

After seemingly hemmorrhaging money over the past 2 months I can feel my mindset naturally clicking into frugal mode. It's time to tighten my belt, cut my coat according to my cloth, insert parsimonious cliche here. I am far from a spendthrift but living frugally is not something I can do for a long period of time. When the need comes naturally like this (as opposed via a nasty bank statement shock) it's a great feeling. It's like a spring clean for the soul as I sell things we no longer use and generally have a good declutter. Clean house + growing bank balance + virtuous feeling = how can you go wrong?

Sensible Spending September has arisen from my love of cheesy alliteration and the need to feel like I'm in control of my bank account again.

If you're of a similar mindset I enthusiastically recommend A Thrifty Mrs, and my ongoing amour Pinterest.
Rachael Blogs did a great post on Groupon recently. And don't forget sites like Quidco. As long as you're not spending money for the sake of saving money, they can be really useful.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same. I'm off on hols in two weeks but when I'm back I've really got to get in to saving money mode!! Must start planning and stop going to the shops every day as I end up spending more also need to look at my insurances etc to see if its cheaper to switch. I love saving money on things so it really shouldn't be that hard!
    Good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I get quite competitve with myself over it. Edited to include the link to your recent Groupon post.

    ReplyDelete