Monday 21 November 2011

Meal Planning Monday - 21 November 2011


I had this post drafted on Friday, before my freezer decided to stop working. It's one of those tall, upright freezers and it was the day the shopping was delivered. Cue me madly ordering a freezer for collection from Comet, only to get it home, let it stand for 4 hours, move the old freezer, unpack the new one and realise it was a FRIDGE. What a plonker I am! Unforunately it was too late to change it so I had a counter full of defrosting food. Saturday started with a sheepish visit to Comet, followed by cooking up all the meat that had defrosted overnight. It's fair to say that Saturday and Sunday's meals were a little random.

The upside is that the BBQ chicken and shepherd's pie are cooked and we have an unexpected blackberry and apple pie due to defrosted blackberries and pastry.

BBQ chicken
Fridge Frittata
BLTs
Quorn stir fry and rice noodles (an easy meat free favourite at the moment)
Shepherd's pie with cheesy cauliflower topping
Sausages of some description.

I might also give this Chocolate Cola cake a whirl. I was going to bake something other than chocolate this week, but this has been on my list to try for a while. My eldest son has been asking me to make these Cinnamon Crusted coffee cake muffins again. They are so gorgeous that when I made them before we were eating them while they were still warm.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it a disaster when your freezer dies? It just puts all of your plans and money saving out the window for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes :( thankfully we had the money in savings, but we were supposed to go away for 12th anniversary next weekend and I am loathe to spend the money now. That bloody freezer cost me my first weekend away without kids in over 9 years!

    ReplyDelete