Tuesday 24 January 2012

I Can't Get No Sleep



 Deep in the bosom of the gentle night
Is when I search for the light
Pick up my pen and start to write
I struggle, fight dark forces
In the clear moon light
Without fear... insomnia
I can't get no sleep
(Faithless "Insomnia")

Thankfully the closest I normally get to Insomnia is with Faithless in my ears when I'm running (highly recommended, by the way) but tonight I woke up at 1am and ... and... and... I am still awake 3 hours later. Lucky you to be the beneficiary of these night time hours I have unexpectedly been given.

So far it's not been too bad. I have done a load of washing, quite a bit of work, all my ironing, and made school lunches. It's also nice to listen to Radio 4 without the politicians' bickering that drives me up the wall on the Today programme. I would, however, quite like to go to sleep now but my mind has other ideas and I just can't quieten it. I have also run out of tea bags, so can't even have a cuppa.

At what point do you write off the night as a bad job and just stay up?














No comments:

Post a Comment