Monday 9 January 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 9Jan 2012

Last week's menu went well. I didn't make the beer chicken as my 9 year old wanted to make dinner and since he can only cook stir fry, I swapped it with the Quorn stir fry from this week's menu.

My shopping this week was £58.24. Again, it was higher than I expected due to the size of the pork joint being much bigger than I ordered. Asda still haven't got back to me about that. Honestly, if you can't order a specific size of something, why allow it to be ordered ? Grrr... Still, the pork and beef from last week will get used so it should help to keep Feburary's meal costs down.

Fridge frittata
beef and mushroom pie
chicken curry
rissoles
chilli & rice
cranberry pork (leftover cranberry sauce from Christmas)
Quorn & noodle veg stir fry

Baking:
Chocolate chip muffins (ashamed to say these were eaten in 24 hours)
Chocolate cake (husband's birthday)
Anzac biscuits


Don't forget to check out Mrs M's linky for more Meal Planning Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Your comment about the chocolate chip muffins made me giggle! That's what would happen in this house. I love to bake but I have to immediately send the goodies off with my daughter to school so that I'm not tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am liking the sound of cranberry pork.

    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete