Wednesday 8 February 2012

Books You May Not Have Heard Of (and for good reason)

Last week, whilst searching for stockists of Russian Valentine's Day cards (don't ask... ) I stumbled across a book that made me sit up and take notice. I don't read as much these days as I'd like, but surely I'd have to make time for this literary gem:

If Google's Russian is to be trusted (and it's got to be better than mine) it's called How Conquer The Man Himself and Appetising Meals to File. What more could you want from a book? The secrets of dominating men and a plethora of pirozhki recipes. Did you dominate the man with the dumpling, or eat it afterwards?


Unfortunately it turned out to be a collection of love stories rather than a handbook for a happy life, but it set me searching for other books that may not have received the recognition they so richly deserve such as:






If there are any books you feel were unjustly denied Bestseller status, just let me know and I will right a bibliophilic wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment