Monday 6 February 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 6 February 2012

Paprika Pork with sautee potatoes
Quorn stir fry with rice noodles
Baked Fried chicken
Pot roast beef

I didn't get around to making the turkey meatballs or baked fried chicken from last week's meal plan. I just couldn't be bothered faffing about with meatballs, so made meatloaf instead (which was supposed to be on this week's menu). The Salisbury steak was ok but not something I'll bother with again. The apricot and coconut chicken was a success. It was really easy and definitely one I'll repeat. The taco pie was really nice but very filling and I was acutely aware of how unhealthy it was so I am not sure if I will make that on a normal week again.

I made the cinnamon roll cake twice. It's really nice. I halved the amount of butter used in the cinnamon topping the 2nd time, and reduced the sugar, and it was much better. I found it really oily the first time. It's nice and moist. 

Check out the linky on Mrs M's blog for more Meal Planning Monday inspiration.

If you like any of these please feel free to share via Twitter, or my new Facebook page.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, just found your blog via Mrs M's MPM. You've got some lovely ideas on your blog and will be definitely checking out the cinnamon roll cake, that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The cinnamon cake is lovely but definitely needs less butter on the topping. Next time I am going to make it more like a damp crumble and see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely, definitely interested by the hash brown quiche so off to look at that now! Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete