Wednesday 22 February 2012

Slimpod - Week 2


Week 2 of You're Sweet Enough

Halfway through week 2 I weighed myself to find I'd lost 2lbs. I was very happy. Unfortunately weighing myself today - 5 days later - I seem to have regained it. I think I will leave the scales for another fortnight. I have taken a detailed series of measurements and will revisit these in a fortnight as well.

My goals last week were to do 3 x 5km and work out what my motivation for losing weight was. I only managed 2 x 5km, but I really pushed myself harder than I have done in weeks, achieving a satisfying if unattractive shade of puce. As for my motivation... that seems to be the pleasure in seeing the scales and inches drop. I realised this when the scales showed a loss and I had a real leap of elation. That's what I am going to focus on to help when making choices.

Good things this week:
  1. reignited my motivation
  2. am eating noticeably less sweet things, and feeling satisfied with less - sometimes even half a biscuit (it's a very strange thing)
  3. I feel really positive and more focused again.
This week's goals are to do a 3rd exercise session, even if it's not a 5km, and to try and get my 5km time down. I'm 2 minutes off my personal best at the moment. Oh, and drink more water- a glass before every meal and before a cup of tea or coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment