Monday 5 March 2012

Favourite Brownie Recipe

I have just realised I have never posted my favourite Brownie recipe on here. Such an oversight! I make these very 2-3 weeks and they never last long. They are quick and foolproof and turn out lovely and chocolatey and moist. I normally make them plain, but brownies are great as you can add all sorts of lovely things to the mix, like marshmallows, white chocolate or toffee chips, Malteasers, nuts, black cherries... anything!

200g unsalted butter (I use whatever I have, normally Stork for baking)
100g good dark chocolate (or Asda's 35p own brand... my kids don't notice a difference)
350g soft brown dark sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200g SR flour
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
pinch salt

Preheat oven to 180C or Gas Mark 4
Line brownie tin with greaseproof paper
Melt chocolate and butter
Add rest of the ingredients.
Mix well, pour into tin and bake 30-45mins (or so, depending on your oven).

If you take them out too early (either on purpose or accidentally) just cut out the middle brownie and eat it secretly the kitchen, disposing thoroughly of the warm gooey goodness *

*Disclaimer: I am not saying I have done this, just that you could if it happened to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment