Wednesday 25 April 2012

Random Likings - Running

I know it's not really random since all of these things are about running, but I have started training for a half-marathon, and I always find the best way to start doing something is to get distracted by doing something else. Procrastination is not my middle name, but only because I haven't got around to sorting out the deed-poll forms yet.


Dare 2b jacket. I could have done with this today, as it was torrential. I also could have done with running wellies, but surprisingly no one sells them. Having a husband who has enough cycling kit to open his own shop is handy when it comes to tops with lots of pockets, but I love the colour of this jacket.

Nike Skapri. I already have this and I bloody love it. It's comfortable and I like how it covers my thighs and bum.

Vibram Five Fingers. I am so curious about these. I have never tried them, and and £100 a pair they are a pretty pricey experiment. I really want to know what they are like though.



Let's face it, anything has to be more comfortable than a 9 foot long costume powered by lying on a sledge and pushing with your hands and knees. Lloyd Scott wore this in the 2011 London Marathon, taking 26 days to complete the course. He also completed the 2002 London Marathon in 5 days, wearing an antique diving suit.

Did you know that Pinterest has a whole lot of running pins? I had a great time "preparing myself" by looking at them all. I found this

and this

and this (I don't know who took this picture of me. I am so embarrassed - my hair is a mess! yeah... dream on)

No comments:

Post a Comment