Monday 27 August 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 27 August 2012

Happy Monday folks, or as I like to call it, 7 more sleeps until school starts Woo Hoo! This summer has been a little more miss than hit weather-wise and I am pretty much over it. Bring on September and autumn I say, and let's put this whole miserable farce behind us.

There is no doubt about, I have been gaining weight slowly for the last six months and reckon I've put on around 10lbs since March. It's weight I can ill afford so the focus is back on shifting the lard and eating more healthily (for now, anyway), which means lots of veg, as little processed food as I can manage, and my slow cooker for ease. Unsurprisingly I have left planning until the last minute so have taken inspiration from blogs found via Pinterest. It is not the most inspired menu, but then it is Monday morning so it was never going to be too complicated, was it.

Slow Cook Beef Fajitas from Ring Around the Rosies

Cumin Cinnamon Beef Stew
Ginger Cranberry Pork Roast
Thai Chicken Curry
Moroccan Lamb Stew

Slow cooker meatloaf 
Left overs

As usual, you will be able to find more Meal Planning Monday posts on Mrs M's linky. Happy eating.

5 comments:

  1. Lots of filling, warming meals. Ideal for this miserable weather. Good luck with the weight loss. I'm trying to shift some before Christmas too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beef stew and the Thai curry sound gorgeous - as does the Moroccan lamb stew. Making me feel very hungry! Enjoy. My menu this week is much less exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thanks. The Thai curry is not like I'd normally make it, but it will be nice to have a change. Using turkey instead of chicken thighs as it was on offer and already chopped up. I hate bones in my food :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great to me - I need to use my slow cooker more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lauren. My slow cooker is the one kitchen gadget I use with any regularity. Everything is prepped and in the freezer making for a nice easy week now :)

    ReplyDelete