Monday 17 September 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 17 September 2012

For some reason this week I didn't cook everything I had planned to. Not sure why, but it means that this week
Beef Fajitas (from the freezer)
Turkey Curry (from the freezer) 
and Baked chicken, broccoli and rice 

are all back on the menu.

Joining them are:
Crock Pot Cashew Chicken from Daydream Kitchen
Nigella's Ham in Coke in the slow cooker
Frittata and salad (probably using leftover ham)
Left overs or fed for selves

I've got a really busy week this week so the slow cooker will be my secret weapon in getting hot nutritious in front of my family that, frankly, I don't care if they eat or not. I figure I've done my duty by getting it there this week, 'cause that's the sort of mood I'm in.

Last week's unscheduled successes were Oaty Blackberry Pudding and Nando's Lemon & Herb Peri Peri Seasoning Rub which I did on roasted chicken breasts on Saturday (served with spinach, sweetcorn and peas because that was what was in the freezer), before slicing up leftovers and using it for fajitas on Sunday. I have discovered that my husband will eat pretty much anything if I put it in a wrap and dress it up as a fajita. He's gone from a man who doesn't like leftovers to a man who eats wraps at least once a week.

Remember to join in the linky at Mrs M's for more meal planning inspiration, and leave me a comment to let me know if you've got any suggestions for future meals.

5 comments:

  1. At least you had stuff in the freezer to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's from the other week when I had a big bulk prepare and freeze-fest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest will eat wraps all day and night if you let her. Their actually on wraps for lunch this week!

    BNM

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Ham in Coke sounds interesting! Will look that one up! Have a great week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made that slow cooker cashew chicken recipe this week too - delicious wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete