Monday 24 September 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 24 September 2012





Hello and welcome to a new week of meals. Sorry if this post looks a little weird. Blogger has changed its format and I'm not used to it yet, being the creature of habit that I am. Last week saw me struck down with pneumonia suffering from a bit of a cold and I just couldn't be bothered a couple of nights. Friday night I was exhaused and still had four kids to feed, so dinner consisted of a platter of oven pizza, chicken goujons and a bottle of tomato sauce for vitamins. Two of them weren't too bothered since they were home when I made some Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn, and the other two were placated with a Milky Bar dessert pudding thing. That's a week's worth of processed food in one meal and we all survived, hooray!

The ham in coke went really well in the slow cooker, but I wasn't a fan of the cashew chicken and will probably go back to my usual honey-soy recipe next time.

This week I'm aiming for:

Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini. Had this the other week and it was really nice.
Beef and vegetable stir fry with rice noodles
Fridge Frittata
Beer marinated sausages, crusty bread, salad, onion relish
Home made burgers and wedges
Slow cooker smothered chicken 

I'm also going to do these Gooey S'mores Cookies this week because my S'mores board is getting very full and I really want to make something from it. 

So, there you have it. What are you eating this week? Let me know if you've got any recommendations and be sure, as usual, to check out Mrs M's linky for more Meal Planning Monday posts.

8 comments:

  1. Your smores and popcorn sound delicious as does the planner. Hope you feel better now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The slow cooker chicken sounds delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. The popcorn is gooey and delicious and one to try if you're having a DVD night.

    Smothered chicken in the slow cooker as we speak. Looking forward to dinner tonight for the first time in a week now I can actually taste food again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poppycock is really telling and adjuvant I am looking ship for much nutritious and upbeat lineal message.
    Knappenberger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Randy, where would I be without your wisdom? If you think anyone is going to click on your link you're as stupid as you sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better :) Love the sound of the platter! I really enjoyed the cashew chicken, interested to hear your honey soy recipe though. Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much better thank you :)

    Yes, Friday's dinner was one of my culinary high points, but I can't pretend my kids don't eat chicken nuggets from the supermarket freezer at least once a week. And I give them fruit instead of veg sometimes, when I can't face the "how many mouthfuls of peas/carrot/broccoli do I have to have?" negotiation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm quite jealous of your meal plan, sounds gorgeous! I've never tried S'mores before, although after seeing your board I may have to!

    ReplyDelete