Monday 22 October 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 22 October 2012





Oh my goodness, another Monday already. I can't believe I'm staring down the barrel of half term as we speak.Apparently we're supposed to have an Indian Summer this week which, going by the BBC weather forecast, now means 14C and foggy. Ho hum. Here is the plan for this week. I have only planned 5 meals because I am out one night (seeing the Hairy Bikers!) and the other is leftovers.

Mexican Chicken Stew and Quinoa (am leaving out the beans)
Honey Soy grilled chicken, wild rice/rice, and veg (inspired by Stina)
Home made pizzas
Fridge Frittata

So there you have it. Cheap, but a bit fiddly with two lots of dough this week (I got rid of my bread maker ages ago because I wasn't using it and it just took up space on the bench) but nothing difficult.

Let me know what you're eating and, as usual, check out more Meal Planning Monday posts on Mrs M's linky.

7 comments:

  1. The soup sounds delish! Enjoy the hairy bikers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have finally convinced husband that soup can actually be a satisfying meal, so am planning on cooking a lot more. Cheap and healthy (and easy... gotta love easy recipes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Those meals sound fab, a nice variety.
    I hope you have an amazing time seeing the Hairy Bikers x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've just made veg soup with 5p bags of parsnips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that is thrifty! I bet it tastes even better for being such a bargain. Is it curried parsnip?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those meals look perfect for foggy weather! Enjoy the Hb's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been staring at the split peas in my larder for weeks now without inspiration, but slow-cooked soup sounds great.

    Lovely sounding menu.

    ReplyDelete