Monday 29 October 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 29 October 2012

Here we are at the end of October and if the date didn't tell us we were in autumn, the weather definitely would!

I made everything I planned to last week with the exception of the frittata. That's more a way of using up leftovers and I just had enough to choose from without cooking. I cooked quinoa for the first time. The look of it kind of puts me off but it tastes find and I am sure I'll incorporate it into meals in the future as a healthy way of cutting back on empty carbs. The split pea and ham soup was lovely and made LOADS, as were the bread rolls. I froze about two thirds of what I made, so last week's recipe makes a good 8 portions of soup.

This week's meal plan is:
Chunky Veg Soup
Meatballs and Pasta
Roast Chicken, Veg & Yorkies
Creamy Chicken Gratin
Sausage and Ratatouille Bake
Quorn Lasagne Spud Jackets
 
The bottom three recipes are from the November issue of Ideal Home Magazine. 

Let me know if you have any suggestions and remember to check out Mrs M's linky for more Meal Planning Monday inspiration. Have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I'm loving soups at the moment, just the thing you need in this cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo those sound delicious. May have to grab that magazine! x

    ReplyDelete