Wednesday 10 October 2012

Random Likings

1. Ideogram Box Maker
I can't take the credit for finding this. My friend posted a link and I just think it's cool. The Ideogram Box Maker is a free template maker for bespoke boxes. If you've got an awkward shaped pressie to wrap, this could be your solution. You can find 100+ box templates and tutorials at Mel Stampz.



2. Malcolm the 4 year old mountainbiker
I love this video. My husband showed it to me and though it's 10 minutes long you just have to watch the first 15 seconds or so to get that warm fuzzy feeling. He's so cool and with bike riding pretty big on the agenda in our house, I'd love if our kids were as gung-ho about the trails as Malcolm is.




3. Lemon Curd

I bought a jar of M&M's lemon curd I was at Abergavenny Farmer's Market the other week and, and the risk of sounding a bit Nigella, it's divine! It's just lemon, eggs, sugar and butter and I'm going to make some of my own when this jar runs out. It's better than any processed lurid yellow jam you can buy in the supermarket. Here is Delia's lemon curd recipe if you're inspired to make some yourself. I also bought some orange and lemon jam which is just as delicious.



4. Stacee Jaxx
Rock of Ages is now on DVD and, while I'm not going to pretend it's the best movie ever, it has its moments (and yes Paramount, I'm giving you this plug for nothing since you didn't even send me a copy of the DVD to review so big fat raspberries to you)


5. Cardiff Arcades Project
The Cardiff Arcades Project website is well worth a look even if you've never been to Cardiff (and if you haven't you definitely should if you get the chance).  It's a photographic project by Amy Davies with stunning pictures of Cardiff's historic Victorian and Edwardian shopping arcades. The photographs so rich in colour and light I want to dive right in to the screen and lick everything in sight. Well, not quite, but it has given me inspiration to explore more than just the St David's Centre when I'm next there.


4 comments:

  1. Saw your comment on my blog so came across for a good nose about and a read. Love it! Look at all the fab things you find! have now subscribed via that there Google thinger on the right. *points*

    And yes, you do need to make your own lemon curd - it's satisfying and YUMMY - can one ask for more? Lisa http://www.howtobeadomesticdisgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you and thanks for the follow. I am most definitely going to be making lemon curd since I ate the last of the jar I had today (with a teaspoon straight from the jar... pig!). My friend says she's got a nice orange and cinnamon curd recipe which sounds spot on for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cardiff Arcade project is fabulous! Do you follow Amy on twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do now. Her pictures are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete