Monday 5 November 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 5 November 2012



My efforts of losing weight have led to a staggering 1lb loss in the past three weeks. It's clear I can't be trusted to make the right decisions on my own so I have signed up to 6 weeks of Tesco Diets (www.tescodiets.com). I have found it pays to lose weight because it only cost £12.90 and I got £20 cash back for going through Quidco. It's about the only time you'll be happy to see an immediate gain of over 7 pounds (see what I did there) at the start of a diet. Anyway, to keep things simple I'm sticking to their meals but have signed up to their recipe club so hope to get some good, healthy inspiration from there as well.

This is what's on the menu:
Savoury Mince and Potato
Pasta with Bolognese Sauce
Cheese & tomato omelette with wholemeal bread 
Potato with cheese & pepper stuffing 
Pitta calzone with chicken & tomato  
Sausage and mash
Asian baked chicken with basmati rice 

I haven't told my husband he is (by default) going on a diet. He doesn't need to (the bastard) but since he doesn't cook, he doesn't get any say. 

Have a great week and remember to check out Mrs M's linky for more Meal Planning Monday posts.



5 comments:

  1. That sounds really nice for "diet" food! Good luck on your diet this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love calzone! Good luck with the weight loss. Im reviewing Jenny Craig soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a delicious meal plan. Pitta calzone sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These meals are making me drool! Love that you are having mince & potatoes as well, that's a classic from my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments! Diet is going surprisingly smoothly. I used Quorn mince for the savoury mince and potatoes and it was really tasty. I ended up splitting the calzone into two open pizzas to make it feel like I was eating more!

    ReplyDelete