Wednesday 13 February 2013

What You Won't Want to Miss This Week!


It's been a weird and oddly boring few weeks online because there hasn't been a lot that has caught my eye until recently. Clearly I have been working too hard and procrastinating too little but I resolve to remedy that soon... at some point... when I get around to it.

Anyway, starting with something really worthy:

1. Eye Shine (www.eyeshine.co.uk)

It's kind of sad that this organisation has to exist because it's all about helping parents and children connect by playing in nature. They run workshops and retreats in Dartmoor (and if there's anywhere great for enjoying being outside it's here) working with families of all shapes and sizes. If you are in the area and in need of support, why not investigate it further.

2.  Penis Pans
Surely just as worthy is Penis Pans. This is a gem of a website started by a woman who wanted to get her money's worth from a novelty cake pan after she had used it for its original purpose. You'll find some corking cakes on here, including these little beauties.




3. Kindle for non-Kindles
This is probably not news to the technologically savvy amongst you, but it was news to me. Did you know you don't need a Kindle to get the Kindle app? I didn't, but I do now and it's opened up a world of browsing possibilities for me. Download them at Amazon.

4. Cinema Blend (www.cinemablend.com)



I discovered this little beauty when I was debating whether or not to take the kids to see Wreck-It Ralph in 3D or not. I am not a fan of 3D films for 3Ds sake. I honestly don't think some films are worth the extra £3 per ticket or whatever it is, but since this one sounded kind of Tron-esque I turned to the great Online to find out more and discovered Cinema Blend. It is packed full of juicy film tidbits but it was the really comprehensive review of the 3D features which I loved.


5. Benedict Cumberbatch on the Simpsons


This episode is due to air this week and I just think it's awesome! Benedict Cumberbatch playing Hugh Grant's character from Love Actually and Severus Snape. Watch the clip here.


Oh, go on then!

No comments:

Post a Comment