Sunday 3 November 2013

Corvette Silo

Corvette Silo

Imagine a pretty pink shop in a peaceful courtyard. Its exterior beckons you with promises of treasures within; treasures which, when you step through the door to the sound of a bell tinkling, are better than you could have hoped. That's Corvette Silo.

Bakewell has more than it's fair share of gift shops - twee and otherwise - but Corvette Silo stands out as being gorgeous, unique and affordable. You can buy anything from a metre of ribbon to something for virtually everyone (female) on your Christmas list. I didn't have much time to browse on Saturday but finding the website was one of the first things I did when I got home and had a free minute! I am so happy to see they deliver UK wide.


All I bought was these fab wooden Christmas garlands, but there are definitely more than a few items I have my eye on, such as:

Robert Kaufman Christmas Fat Quarters £21
Sass & Belle lilac pom-poms £3.30 for 3 metres

Hessian Stag Head £19.99

Striped buttons £1.25 for 10
If you're near Bakewell you have to make time to check out Corvette Silo. It's the pink house at the back of Kings Court. If you need to bribe your other half or kids to behave while you indulge, there's an amazing chocolatier next door, and a delicious looking cafe which I would have liked the opportunity to try. If the Peak District isn't on your agenda just go to www.corvettesilo.com and go crazy. You can also find Corvette Silo on Facebook.