Wednesday 4 December 2013

Random Likings

This is what has been distracting me recently and, surprisingly, none of it is to do with Christmas.

 1. Narratively
I can't remember how I found this site, but it makes for really entertaining reading. It's packed with well written, insightful and incredibly personal stories that show a less visible side of New York. I promise I'll only read one, but before I know it half an hour has passed and I've been sucked into other people's lives.


2. LEGO Minifigure Family Postcards
Ok, this one is kind of about Christmas but it's LEGO and it's COOL so suck it up and get stuck in




3. Thread Den
If you're in Melbourne you really should visit Thread Den. It's a sewing lounge where you can take classes and attend workshops, get advice and improve your skill with a needle and thread. I don't drink much these days so bonding with friends over a bottle of wine is not appealing, however this funky looking store would be an enjoyable alternative to a pub.



4. Nightsky Dress by Joanna Johnson
I love this dress! It's made from lightweight flecked Italian wool and lined in silk satin. It has a stunning cut away back you can see here .  That combination of fabrics must make it feel amazing to wear. There are stacks of stunning gowns around with all the numerous party-wear inspired magazine articles, but this one really stood out to me for its elegance and simplicity.



5. Bottle Green Blackcurrant & Coffee Cordial
This limited edition cordial is sold at Waitrose for £2.something. The surprising combination of flavours really works with either hot or cold water. I will be getting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment